Diazepam VALIUM (Original) US$ 1.60 ea
This is the orginal Valium brand manufactured by Indian manufacturers (Nicholas/Abbott) under license from Roche.
Diazepam can be used to relieve a wide range of conditions, including convulsions (fits) caused by epilepsy or fever, muscle spasms and for sedation during surgery. It may also used for short periods of time for anxiety which is very troublesome.
Diazepam works by affecting the activity in the part of the brain that controls our emotions and also by relaxing muscles.
Before taking diazepam
Before taking diazepam make sure your doctor or pharmacist knows:
- If you are pregnant, trying for a baby or breast-feeding.
- If you suffer from any respiratory (breathing) problems.
- If you suffer from liver or kidney problems.
- If you suffer from myasthenia gravis (a muscle-weakening disease).
- If you suffer from porphyria (a blood disorder).
- If you suffer from a personality disorder.
- If you have ever had a problem with drug or alcohol addiction.
- If you suffer from sleep apnoea (temporary stopping of breathing during sleep).
- If you suffer from phobias or obsessional conditions.
- If you are taking other medicines, including those available to buy without a prescription, herbal or complementary medicines.
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to this or any other medicine.
How to take diazepam
- Before beginning treatment, read the manufacturer's printed information leaflet.
- Take diazepam exactly as directed by your doctor.
- Diazepam should only be taken for a short time. Your body can start to rely on this medicine if it is taken for periods longer than a few weeks. This will lead to problems when you stop taking it.
- Diazepam is for you. Never give it to others even if their condition appears to be the same as yours.
Getting the most from your treatment
- Before having any kind of surgery, including dental or emergency treatment, tell the doctor, dentist or surgeon you are taking diazepam.
- Diazepam will make you feel drowsy and drinking alcohol will increase these feelings of drowsiness. Do not drink alcohol while you are taking diazepam.
- Keep your regular appointments with your doctor so your progress can be checked.
- If you buy any medicines, check with a pharmacist that they are safe to take with diazepam.
- Important: If you have been taking diazepam for a long time, it should not be stopped suddenly but gradually reduced to prevent withdrawal symptoms.
Can diazepam cause problems?
Along with their useful effects, all medicines can cause unwanted side-effects which usually improve as your body adjusts to the new medicine. Speak with your doctor or pharmacist if any of the following side-effects continue or become troublesome.
|Common side-effects - these affect less than 10% of people||What can I do if I experience this|
|Drowsiness, dizziness, feeling light-headed or less alert than normal||Make sure your reactions are normal before driving, operating machinery or doing any other jobs which could be dangerous if you were not fully alert
Avoid alcohol; it will increase any feelings of drowsiness
|Weakness and feeling aggressive||If these become troublesome, let your doctor know|
If you experience any other symptoms which you think may be due to this medicine, speak with your doctor or pharmacist.
How to store diazepam
- Keep all medicines out of the reach and sight of children.
- Store in a cool, dry place, away from direct heat and light.
- Manufacturer's PIL, Diazepam tablets 2 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg, Actavis UK Ltd, electronic Medicines Compendium. Dated September 2008, accessed May 2009.
- British National Formulary; 57th Edition (March 2009) British Medical Association and Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain, London.
- Generic Name
- Popular Brands
- Valium, MSJ
- 100ct (Full Pack), 20ct
- Max Order Size
- Package Description
- Blister Pack
- 10mg, 5mg